IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnan (Manager)     01 March 2023

Letter of declaration

Dear Members, My mother is 79 years old widow and has 3 sons. I have been taking care of her from 2007 onwards. She lives along with my family in my own home. She has been getting state government pension through my father service & my father is no more. My mom has been giving her monthly pension (from 2007 onwards) to me towards her maintenance. From legal point of view is there an issue that I use her pension money for her maintenance ? Can I get a letter of declaration from my mom saying that she is giving her pension money for her maintenance on a plain paper to safeguard from dispute ?




 4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   01 March 2023

No ,it is not necessary whether other sons are harrassing you for pension or blaming you that you are misusing ,you record a video and keep it for proof as electronic evidence.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 March 2023

Your mother may give any part of pension to you or any other member of your family, there is no dispute.

No legal issue is involved in the facts.

Howeveer, if you are dissatified and have some reservation(s) it is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciaiton of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 March 2023

It is only your mother who can raise any such issue as the money belongs to her, and non-else has any right or claim;;;; if she is satisfied with your spending then that is ok. 

But If there are bank transactions or transfers from your mother’s account to your account then your   brothers may in future or after your mother harass you for such things,.So it is better to get an affidavit from your mother stating all the money given by her to you date wise  has been spend on her alone and  no one has any right to seek any kind of accounts from you. You need to get that witnessed. But if the money transactions are in cash you have no accountability. Or get statement of accounts made and signed by your mother. 

Krishnan (Manager)     02 March 2023

Thank you all for your replies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query