LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   06 January 2022

Legal technical question

I have been living in a rented flat for last 22 years with no written contract.

My landlord takes 4 to 6 months rent in cash at a time in advance with no receipts. He has taken rent up to end of February 2022. But now he has sent me a notice to vacate for non payment of rent for last 8 years.

He did take rent by check 4 times few years ago & I have entry in my bank passbook. ( Checks of 4 to 8 months rent )

What should I do ?


 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     06 January 2022

Send reply of  notice mention theriein actual facts and details of payment of rent,mention also no any default has been made .

Megha   21 January 2022


Please revert to the notice sent explaining your situation and also attaching a copy of the passbook entries evidencing payment.  Please find people who can corroborate your claim of cash payments, find out from other tenants, if any, if they're also facing similar situation. 

As a remed, you may register a police complaint to begin with and then consider approaching the Rent Controller Authority of your respective state for filing a suit for eviction on false grounds.

You may also consider filing a case of harrassment through mischief under section 425 of the Indian Penal Code, 1809.

Best regards,

Manoj Jha   05 May 2022

CBI submitted chargesheet in the case. After that the court also took cognizantce After this, the CBI wrote to the Delhi Police to harass that whatever has been recovered from Manoj Jha in duration of arresting action taken report will be send to cbi again. This is how CBI is troubling. What can be done against this

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query