LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mona (dont know)     21 November 2011

Legal system

Legal system is a big joke in India.  Daughter should get equal share in asset,  Legal help is so expensive, how is daughter who is poor, is going to fight for the share, it takes years and years to reslove anything by that time  she dies and everthing goes to powerful son and his kids.  It is just stupid.  You just give up and let the brother have everything.

Learning

7 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     21 November 2011

Not to say it as Joke. Even some brothers not giving share to other brothers. What to do then?

(Guest)

Where does old Hindu law state that daughters don't get equal share? Any citations, new or old?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 November 2011

There is an amendment (2005) in Transfer of Property Act and Hindu Sucession Act allowing equal right of daughter as that of son in inheerited property.

Need not bother, engage some lawyer taking civil briefs/cases and law is never as stupid as you think/feel although process is cumbersome, time consuming and of course expensive (depends upon number of factors) 

Mona (dont know)     21 November 2011

Hi,

Does the daughter have money to hire a lawyer? NO.  Father left crores rs worth of asset without a will, brother is in charge of everything, he has knowlege, money and power to fight this, called so many lawyers, They ask for lots of money to even begin with and they say it is going to take years and years.  Am I going to be alive by that time to enjoy?  NO.  brother and relatives are thinking that the brother is a son and all the money and asset should go to him and daughters are evil to ask for her share (even though daughter is suffering for small necessary things)----No help from relatives.  Finally daughter gives up. All because of slow, expensive and complicated legal sylstem.  I was asking around to other people having similiar problem they told me it is next to impossible task just GIVE UP

DAUGHTER DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Is there anyone who can help me win this, someday If I win I will pay you.  NO  I might not be alive to pay you

MANI RAM SHARMA (Advocate)     22 November 2011

It will be more appropriate to call the Indian judicial System as "Litigation Industry" which gives employment to certain Advocates, Judges,Poilce, Prosecutors and their assistants. Discount the value of judgment by subtracting the expenses , agony & harrassment etc caused, and the interest for the delay and Inflation (at the compound rate of 8% per annum) as in vogue in India since 1947.  now you may reach a correct value of the judgment in case you have won the case. The value for the loosing party may be different matter.

1 Like

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     09 January 2012

now you may reach a correct value of the judgment in case you have won the case. The value for the loosing party may be different matter.

WINNING THE CASE AND GETTING THE ORDER DOES NOT FINISH THE STORY. [MAY GO TO HIGH COURT SC APPEAL] 

AFTER WNNING, ONE HAVE TO START ANOTHER LITIGATION CALLED RD  [REGULAR DARKHAST] TO EXECUTE THAT DEGREE, AND ONCE OBJECTED[ USALLY IN ALL CASES], TAKE FURTHER YERS AFTER YEARS. 

"Legal system is a big joke in India", 

MONA SAID IT : For her right in property. 

Most SERIOUS  is on CRIMINAL side:

DO ANYTHING AND GET AWAY!MAKE MONEY, SHARE IT WITH CRIMINALS , POLITICIANS, POLICE  & ENJOY. 

it is not only joke, it is a DRAMA of criminal procedures, where majority 95% ar aquitted, and at very very hevy cost of Police , it's investigation, and on top of it, Police , Advocates and others  getting 1 times their salary or due fees, from criminals, get harassed, and bear injustice. THE SYSYEM IS ALMOST INEFFECTIVE, AND ONLY HARASS INDIAN CITIZEN, EXTRACT MONEY, WASTE THEIR BVALUABLE TIME, MADE THEM RUN FROM PILLAR TO POST, NORTH TO SOUTH, WITH WARRANT & WHAT NOT, AND GET NOTHING IN HAND!!

1 Like

MANI RAM SHARMA (Advocate)     10 January 2012

The rate of convictionn has been overstated. The rate of conviction in trial courts a district of Rajasthan was nearly 01.50% only meaning thereby acquittal in 98.5% cases. This figure has come from a sample survey of data from SP Hanumangarh for the year 2005.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register