Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girijapathi (ED)     13 April 2013

Legal notice reply

Hi to all

I have received a legal notice from my co-brother's family who does not have children and left with liquid and fixed assets who was murdered recently and my wife is among the beneficiary. Moreover, we are the only relative and well wishers to my co-brother and carried out all the rituals as per hindu tradition with our own expenses as they does not have children. One week before the murder he supposed to execute gift deed for the fixed assets in favour of my wife, having known the fact the opponents brutally murdered by an identified assialents. Some of the liquit assets like NSS certificates my wife figured is the only nominee and also he authorised my wife as joint accountholder for his locker facility after his wife accidental death.

we bought some fixed properties and got registered in co-brother's wife name as binomee with an undertaking to transfer these assets later to our daughter's name. Before accidental death co-brother's wife exceucuted a will in favour of my wife.

My co-brother is having the following assets:

1) a newly constructed house

2) a vacate land (non-agriculture)

3) retiring benefits lying in bank account

a)  My question is our self acquired fixed assets got registered in my sister-in-law name and subsequently willed to my wife before her death is also subject of partition; as co-brother's elderbrother's family is also claiming partition  including our assets even though will executed?

b)  what are the cost of reply to a legal notice generally for the property law and how much can be paid?

c)  If the party in not satisfied with our reply to the legal notice and  opted for suit in civil court what are the general steps to be taken from our side and what are all the general and legal expenses to born by us?

I would appreciate if any one can give a good qualitative reply to  my above 3 querries.

thanks and oblize for suitable reply.

K GOURISHANAR

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register