LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sruthi   28 July 2015

Legal name change process

I had changed my name legally in Bangalore vide an affidavit, published the same in newspapers and got it published in Gazette of India. I had changed my name in Passport, PAN Card, Employee records and Bank accounts.

My educational certificates still reflects my old name. I had done my schooling and Under graduation in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Is there a way to change my name in educational certificates? If I don't get it changed in educational certificates will it affect my US/UK Visas or other overseas employment. Will Gazette of India publication and newspaper copies suffice as a name change proof? Kindly advise

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     30 July 2015

Hello Sruthi!

You cannot change your name in the school certificates as there is no provision in the law for doing so. Further, since you have got the gazzetee copy for the name change that should suffice and there should not be futher requirement.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     30 July 2015

The Gazette notification reg. change of name at a subsequent stage can safely be produced before Passport/ Visa authority for issue of a valid document containing your present name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register