LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gnana Reddy Reddy   22 January 2022

Legal Name Change Procedure ?

Hi All,

I have a query on name change my name is R Ranjith in educational certificates when it comes to Aadhar and Driving Licence it was R Ranjith Reddy and in my passport it's mentioned as R Ranjith now I have to maintain it as R RANJITH REDDY In all proofs, kindly help me on this how to proceed and after that I need to register with State Bar and I have to write AIBE exam , much appreciated with best suggestion !

As I had completed my LLB now after gazette notification, had to register with State Bar and AIBE exam pls let me know ur suggestions !

 2 Replies

Anaita Vas   24 January 2022

Respected Mr. Reddy, 

Make an affidavit for a name change.
Affidavits are necessary to describe why you are filing the affidavit i.e., either you chose to alter your name, as well as to confirm these details.-
Your full name 

The name of your father 

The exact location of residence

A statement that the facts presented in the affidavit are real and truthful.

At the specified location, you must sign the affidavit. A Judicial Magistrate, Notary, or Oaths Commissioner shall certify it.

The name change advertisement should be put in one of the most widely circulated regional newspapers, with factual data. The previous and new name, your complete residential address, the name of the witnessing/attesting authority, and the date on which the affidavit was submitted should all be included in the ad.

You will also need to furnish a number of essential documents.



Anaita Vas

Gnana Reddy Reddy   25 January 2022

Many Thanks for your quick response !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query