LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praveen (Electrical Engineer)     10 April 2017

Legal firm demanding me to pay remaining fee

Experts and Friends, Greetings

I am facing false dvc, crpc 125 and 498a, 307 within two days of marriage wife filed this cases.

Issue Is:

I want to hire a new lawyer in the middle of the ongoing cases, because of lawyer poor performance in the court.

when I asked NOC to existing lawyer, legal firm was asking me to pay the remaining fee.

In the beginning of the case according to terms I have to pay the fee

1. On filing vakalath 

2. On arguments stage

3. On final judgment stage

I have given the legal firm DVC and CRPC 125 Cases

for DVC case fee is Rs: 25 K

for CRPC 125 fee is Rs: 20 K

When filing vakalat in the both the individual cases I paid 10 k fee in dvc and 15 K in crpc 125 up to now.

Now I want to change the lawyer from the legal firm, but they are not ready to give NOC and blackmailing me that remaining fees as to be paid or else they file Recovery case on me.

Note: Cases are at the stage of Marking of documents.







 6 Replies

praveen (Electrical Engineer)     10 April 2017

Please, anyone from this forum guide, me what to do at this situation, shall I proceed with a new lawyer by giving an affidavit to court for changing the lawyer or else shall I pay the remaining fee.


Thanking you in anticipation

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     10 April 2017

What are they blackmailing you about? (1) For one, you do not need any NOC or anything from anybody or any previously retained lawyer/law firm for terminating their authority to plead your case. (2) No law firm or lawyer has any right to impose any lien on your case file, documents etc. and they have to return all your case documents on demamd, irrespective of the status of fees paid.

Engage a new lawyer. Have him appear in Court and make a statement at Bar that that the previous lawyer is no longer authorized. If the lawyer/law firm refuses to return your documents or case file, make a complaint to the State Bar Council. Talk to the law firm/lawyer a last time, and tell them, this is exactly what you intend to do. If they still persist, go ahead and do it. If they return the documents and NOC take it and then make a complaint to Bar Concil anyways, describing the entire event. Let them try their hand at recovery and produce that Bar Council complaint then, if these chaps have nothing better to do than sue for recovery of professional fee.

Damned blots on profession 😒

1 Like

LegalFighter (test)     11 April 2017

Dear Queriest,

Its very simple

1.First send a mail and a legal notice by yourself through Register post to ytour advocate and ask him to cancel his vakkalath as well to give no objection.


2.If  he doesnt give,just prepare a simple memo stating that you dont require this advocates representation and hence you are cancelling his vakkalath.Give your advocate  a copy of the same memo.Thats it.If he needs money, let him file recovery suit against you.Most of the lawyers cheats thier clients who is ignorant of law. 


I am one of the victim of lawyers betrayal.Try either one of the aabove points and try learing law.

praveen (Electrical Engineer)     12 April 2017

Friends, Atul and Tamilian

Thank you very much for your prompt reply in time.

Shall I request NOC through register post, can anyone forward sample requesting format of 'No Objection Certificate'.

Thanking you in anticipation

LegalFighter (test)     12 April 2017

Just take a format of legal notice from your case.Instead of Advocates name you can keep your name.You have legal rights to send a legal notice to advocate or anyone.You dont need an advocate to send a legal notice or LLB.

stanley (Freedom)     12 April 2017

I agree with the advise of Mr Atul. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register