Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tippu tippu   19 March 2020

Legal doubt regarding recruitment process in central university of Kerala.

Sir/Madam;

I applied for LDC post in Central University of Kerala and reached till the final stage.
I appeared for Skill test, but do not seen in qualified list.

As per the advertisement it is mentioning in that skill test is of qualifying in nature and Marks of Paper II is only considered for rank list. Minimum qualifying mark for the skill test is 25 out of 50.

The Skill Test Consists of 4 sections (Typing test (20 mark), MS word (10 mark), Power point (10 mark), Excel (10 mark) a Total Mark valuated out of 50.

I requested through RTI for my marks in skill test and my marks are above cutoff and got the marks of each individual sections. Also my typing mark is (19/20). Then i emailed to university but they replied that as per employment notification and Cadre Recruitment Rules of the University, one has to qualify 35 w.p.m in English Typing along with proficiency in Computer operation to qualify Paper - III (Skill Test).

But in the notification it is mentioning in eligibility to apply for the post section.
The scheme for skill test for LDC post is 35 word per minute and in the notification it is mentioned that it is a testing component for skill test only and it didn't mention whether to qualify or not. (i.e, it is a parameter that is valued in typing test). Only it is mentioning that marks allocated for the skill test will be 50 and the minimum qualifying marks in the skill test shall be 25.

Moreover in the typing test all the parameters (Typing speed, accuracy etc) all are evaluated. My mark is 19/20, then if the typing speed is lower how this mark will get?

Is my reason valid before the court? Whether their claim is valid ? Is there any possibility to take legal action against this?

Kindly please reply
Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2020

You are right in your understanding, however you may still clarify the eligibility criteria even though you have obtained information through RTI and be doubly confirmed about your eligibility.

After that yo can file a writ petition seeking relief, if it would be opined that it may yield a favorable reply.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 March 2020

Yes, the remedy is in approaching the High Court through a Writ Petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register