LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikash Trivedi   29 October 2020

legal Applicability

I have lost my brother 4 years ago, he has mentioned my name in each of his documents as nominee including banks and insurancehave given all that money to his wife (MY Bhabhi ji) by which she has cleared all the outstanding of my brother's house loan and other stuff. She has seperated herself with our family (unofficially) and started living in the same house since two years. She has 7 years old son. Today we got to know that she has made a marriage with someone without informing any of us (My mom, me, my wife). Need your suggestions, what are the legal applicability with us or what short of issues can arise in future.

Learning

7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 October 2020

She (your bhabhi) has acknowledged receipt of money through you, from all sources of her deceased husband, as stated by you .

Besides this, she can remarry after death of her husband (your brother), there is no problem/ issue/ dispute and illegality.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 October 2020

Yes, the facts posted suggest no legal infirmity. What do you mean by "legal applicability"?

BHARTI KOTHARI (practising advocate)     30 October 2020

she has every right to live as per her choise. your nephew can claim his fathers share from your father. 9322523623

Vikash Trivedi   30 October 2020

thanks for reply. we have also proposed her for remarriage and we are happy for her decision. My question, whether she has any legal applicability for claiming share into mine or my mothers property? kindly guide.

What is the stand of your mother?

Vikash Trivedi   30 October 2020

She wants to keep all her property with herself only without sharing with Bhabhi Ji and my Nephew.

Of course, she can. It is her discretion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More