Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Usha Singha (HR)     17 October 2018

Legal advice regarding court challan

Recently I was issued court challan by traffic police at IGI Airport for overspeeding, the permissible speed was 70km and i was driving at 73km. The cops asked me to pay 1000rs but i did not had that much cash to pay so they had issued a court challan and seized my Driving license and vehicle's RC, and asked me to present in the Dwarka court on 17th Nov, 2018. I am the first time offender. They have given me the printed challan receipt. Will i be able to drive with that challan receipt and what i have to do next? Cops told me that i will not be able to drive for next 3 months. Please help.


 4 Replies

Naa Channel Naa Istam   17 October 2018

first of all you are not an offender. you have violated the traffic rules which was admitted by you. attend before the court and pay challan. read the receipt carefully... if you don't understand contact traffic department. since your driving licence is seized you are not permitted to travel on road with motor vehicles
1 Like

Usha Singha (HR)     17 October 2018

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. But i have heared that i can drive by using that Challan receipt till my date of heiring in court as my documents's detail is mentioned in that online receipt. And for how long i will be restricted to drive.

Naa Channel Naa Istam   17 October 2018

No without DL you can't
1 Like

Usha Singha (HR)     18 October 2018

Thanks. what will be the amount that we have to pay in court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register