Share More

Fayaaz Hussain (Graduate Trainee)     06 August 2012

Legal advice on passport

Dear all,

I need some legal advice on passport.

My name is Fayaaz Hussain. G

Father's name: A. Mohamed Ghouse Hasif Hussain

Mother's name  M. Husnara

The "G" in my initial stands for "Ghouse".

I have a few questions:

1. What is the concept of surname and how is it entered in passport? Is it necessarily my father's name or is it at the discretion of the applicant?

2. In my case, what would be the surname if i apply for my passport?

3. Should the surname necessarily be my father's full name?

Learning

3 Replies

sekar (retd)     06 August 2012

Here in india the surname is not universal.Not all communities have it.

I have enough problems with my voter card and even after 3 years it has not been correctedby the elecion office.

Actually they shd only ask for the name as you want it. sat give 50 or 60 squares and ask one to fill in.If I give the name in the order various auhorities ask then I will not have my degree certificates

.Only my AAdhar card is correct because it wasdone in my presence . My DL,voter card etc are all wrong because of the First name/father's name/surname provisions.In the South we use only father's name and first name. That order is not available in DL/voter card,etc.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 August 2012

Mr.Fayaaz Hussain,

There can be many people on a same name.:) To recognise the persons authorities ask father name and sur name. The sur name i.e. initial name comes continuously from four fathers. Therefore to easy identify a person sur name is required. That is all. Example. You take your name only. There can be many people all over the world in the name of Fayaaz Hussains. How do other person recognise your name is Fayaaz Hussain.  Father/Mother cannot be all Fayaaz Hussains. Therefore authorities asks father/Mothers name to easily recognise you.

Fayaaz Hussain (Graduate Trainee)     06 August 2012

So in my case, if i apply for a passport expanding my name as Fayaaz Hussain Ghouse, what would be the surname which will be printed on my passport?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register