Share More

karthi (developer)     14 June 2013

Legal action threat by tikona, asking bill payment for non-s

Dear Tikona,

Billing Account Number : 115744093

Service ID : 1104353318

Plane Name : QUNLTD1949

Coimbatore

I was having 3month prepaid plan ( QUNLTD1949) which means paid amount for 3 months before the services but this middle of the period I did not get any net connection from Tikona so I informed Tikona customer care they sent one guy to check the issue. He came to my home and checked the issue and explained me one new building disturb signals from the tower so we can not provide services further and you can get refund amount from Tikona for balancing mouths. I called Tikona customer care and explained this issue and asked them to stop the invalid services and refund the money they replied they take steps for your request. But I did not get any response from Tikona. After some months they were calling me and asked to pay for new bill(for no services periods) again and again I explained the them the problem to Tikona.

In this situation, An Advocate spoke to me on 13-JUN-2013 and informed he is calling form Delhi high court and pay the pending amount 3000rs by the day itself or he will forward my case to the Delhi high court and take police action. He used 8505020570 this mobile no.

It is100% Threatening with out any legal notice or information. I don't know how he derived the amount 3000rs. I asked him to provide 7 days that i want to speak with Tikona about my issue but he denied my request and Threaten me to pay the amount on that day itself.

Please let Tikona answers my question below

Why I should pay 3000rs for non services ?

Why Tikona;s Advocate Threatening me with out any legal notice and forcing me to pay the amount on that day itself ?

When I get my remaining amount what i paid for non services periods by Tikona ?

Learning

20 Replies

Tikona Care (Customer Support)     01 August 2013

Dear Mr. Karthikeyan,                            

Greetings from Tikona.

We confirm that your Tikona Service account has been terminated and we have recovered the CPE and the full and final settlement of your account is concluded. There are no dues or refund applicable on your account.                                      

We appreciate your patience and kind support. 

For any further issues/queries, you can contact us on our toll free number 1-800 209 4276 or you can reach us at https://forum.tikona.in 

Regards,

Tikona Care

cyberlawyer (barrister)     04 August 2013

@karthi - Thats why its better to stay away from these rogues. Once, they approached me to take connection, but i found a lot of complaints about them and chased them out of my premises.

If the amount is meagre, just curse them and ignore it. there is no use in wasting the time as it will only cost you more. but if you have paid higher amount, lodge a complaint against them before the consumer court. Have all the materials ready before you proceed... 

Best of Luck

Debajyoti (Manager)     09 October 2014

Tikona  Account No. 118475424 having Service ID 1106955507 has been terminated as on 11/9/2012.

Initially I opted this connection for 3 months paying full amount. Due to frustrated service, I requested to them terminate the connection after 2 months and they said that they will refund back my money. After several followup, I left hope. Recently two days back I got a message in my mobile saying that "You have Rs. 388 overdue, unless you clear your dues, will take legal action and a phone number (8963072238) is also mentioned for further clarification which is either busy or unreachable. Quite surprising..

Adv. Amit Anandrao Mahadeshwar (ADVOCATE)     15 October 2014

Dear Karthi, 

With respect to the following particulars in your query, 

An Advocate spoke to me on 13-JUN-2013 and informed he is calling form Delhi high court and pay the pending amount 3000rs by the day itself or he will forward my case to the Delhi high court and take police action. He used 8505020570 this mobile no. It is100% Threatening with out any legal notice or information.

I add one from my side that, now a days it has become the practice of the private finance companies, telecom companies, as well as banks to take resort to such unethical recourse by threatening the layman by deception. The call the borrower or customer and pretend that they are calling from some police station at Delhi or that some Advocate is calling. However, it is totally bogus activity. In 99 percent matters neither the police would indulge into recovery of the companies. Further, Advocate or Law Practitioner who follows ethical practice per the legal profession will indulge into activity by calling the opposite party on phone call and threaten that party to adhere to the demands of his client. The act of these companies or banks, agencies only with a view to extort money from the innocent layman who are unaware of the basic legal structure. 

It may also happen in case of the borrowers or the defaulters that the person pretending to call from Police Station may ask to pay the dues forthwith with the concerned bank/ company and failure to do same will result in attachment and seizure of the property on the following day. 

I just make a point here that, our country is having a very good legal system and laws that no person can take law in his own hand to comply his own demands. Any company be it bank or any other company who seeks recovery of its dues must follow the due procedure of law by initiating appropriate legal recourse. The act resorted by these notorious banks and companies are not only unethical but also illegal. You may file appropriate complaint against such callers. 

Thanks and Regards,

Adv.Amit Anandrao Mahadeshwar

Pritam Gupta (Teacher)     16 October 2014

An interesting question here is that which court has jurisdiction i.e. the court in the consumer's state or the court where Tikona is headquartered? If the latter were true, then an advocate for Tikona can file a false case in Tikona's home state and then harass a consumer living in another state to attend court in the faraway place.

Also can the consumer file a case in his home state against Tikona?

These two questions can be also of help to many others reading this thread.

shyam yumnam (Developer)     22 October 2014

Hi,

Today I got a phone call from Tikona Lawyer stating court of non payment. The reason for not paying was the internet didn't work for two months and and I paid for a month. I finally managed to get disconnected without paying the last bill. I keep on reminding them to send me a revised bill for the last month but they didn't do it instead they threatened me to drag to court. I don't want to drag things to court so I finally paid the bill. But they way they did wasn't correct. I am open to speak to any of their team for the bill but none call me even after repeated call and finally they threatened me. My advise to all tikona customer is if you have another choice please go for it their network is the worst in India. Jai Hind

Shyam

Jaimin   28 June 2015

Tikona is very bad company. Their internet connection was so wrost and i asked them to close my account, but they still calling me everyday, sending SMS and coming to home for collection. This fraud company must be stopped. You can complain your issue to Department of Telecomunication. Website to file Public Grievances https://pgportal.gov.in/GrievanceNew.aspx

Gajendra   26 August 2015

Tikona Ac: 1111419527

I got a call saying its a legal notice to pay Rs1500/- because I didn't submit the modem.

I submitted the modem long back to tikona collection agent, so that to avoid the fine.

Shall I pay the amount of Rs 1500/- ?

Upasna   02 October 2015

Hello All,

I have been facing similar issues with Tikona. Below are my details:

BAN: 124680057

User ID: 1113060200

When I placed my request for a new connection the service engineers were here at my home within 24 Hours to set everything up and activate my account They also took the installation charges and 2 months rental in advance. Unfortunately, they never cared about the problems I am facing with the network. I placed several requests regarding the technical issues I was facing, but the service I received was not at all satisfactory.

I finally decided to get rid of the service provider and placed several requests for a disconnection. My request was rejected as they said that they can still see usage in my Account. I sent them several email statings my MAC id and that there has been no usage associated with my MAC id and I am ready to pay any usage that you may see associated with my MAC id. They were never able to explain to me why I am still being charged for the service not used by me.

The customer care whenever contacted told me to ignore the messages and emails I am getting for payment of my outstanding amount as I am not liable to pay anything. After all this, I received a letter from Halai & Co (Advocates)  threatning me to pay the outstanding amount of Rs. 1673.

Can anyone please guide me on how to deal with such an unprofessional company? How can I make sure that they stop messaging and mailing me and my connection is terminated?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rajesh   03 October 2015

Dear Tikona,

Billing Account Number : 121522718 

Service ID : 1109968702

Pune

I was having 2 years tikona connection but due to my new home shifting i raised the termination request. was dated on aguest 15 as per tikona Terms and condition i should receive bill in after 7-10 days. but till date i havn't recied bill and got call from some legal action dehli civil court. 

due to unpaid amount 2600-/ i already said advocate to pay but he is not agreed with that. 

Please sugeget me

Tikona Advocate name : Rajiv Saxena 

mobile numner is : 7734038204

Please let Tikona answers my question below

send me some deciptive answer on my email address. 

Why Tikona;s Advocate Threatening me with out any legal notice and forcing me to pay the amount on that day itself ?

When I get my remaining amount what i paid for non services periods by Tikona ?

Krishna Ghimire   06 February 2016

This was my original complaint.

https://www.consumercomplaints.in/tikona-broadband-is-worst-service-and-experience-ever-you-will-never-read-tikona-after-reading-my-experience-c1173579

My tikona id : 1113730967

I got legal notice from tikona on 2nd Jan which i missed where full amount to be paid was 280 + 1500 if i didn't returned by device. Today i got call from layer that if i don't pay 1780 tikona will file case in delhi court. Tikona Engineer Ratnapal collected the device 5 month back Mobile no : 8806063406...I have paid 280 today...it is very very absurd even without using service i have to pay the money and instead of providing good service tikona is threatening customer by legal actions and Tikona Engineer picked my my devices from A 6th floor La tierra Society Dhanori Road Ambanagari 5 month back still tikona is asking for money and giving legal threatening. Worst broadband company never use tikona :(

Masood   21 April 2016

I have recieved a similar call today. some one pretenting to be  calling from delhi high court  from mobile no 7840099520 and threating to take the case to the court. I have requested them to terminate my account back in nov/dec 2016. they are still sending the bills.

BAN: 123634257 

UserId :1112045405 

A really bad company fooling around people.  never ever take connection from this service provider

Anik   07 June 2016

Hello All, I have been facing similar issues with Tikona. Below are my details: User ID: 1109525010 When I placed my request for a new connection the service engineers were here at my home within 24 Hours to set everything up and activate my account They also took the installation charges and 2 months rental in advance. Unfortunately, they never cared about the problems I am facing with the network. I placed several requests regarding the technical issues I was facing, but the service I received was not at all satisfactory. I finally decided to get rid of the service provider and placed several requests for a disconnection. My request was rejected as they said that they can still see usage in my Account. I sent them several email statings my MAC id and that there has been no usage associated with my MAC id and I am ready to pay any usage that you may see associated with my MAC id. They were never able to explain to me why I am still being charged for the service not used by me. The customer care whenever contacted told me to ignore the messages and emails I am getting for payment of my outstanding amount as I am not liable to pay anything. After all this, I received a letter from Halai & Co (Advocates) threatning me to pay the outstanding amount of Rs. 2600... Can anyone please guide me on how to deal with such an unprofessional company? How can I make sure that they stop messaging and mailing me and my connection is terminated? Thank you in advance for your help.

Mallikarjuna   13 July 2016

Dear All,

Name: R. Mallikarjuna

Billing Account Number  125713662

I am also getting reminders from Tikona after disconnecting the Line. Though I had sent mail request for disconnection , they have kept alive connection and sending bills. I have not used a single day for which TIKONA has used. 

TIKONA services are very poor, they never attended for service after repaetedly lodging complaint. They will simly harrase for money and send threaten with legal notices. 

I sincerly request to new users be careful if you before choosing TIKONA services, sure you will land in trouble and frustration. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register