LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moirangthem Biren   10 March 2020

Legal action against a online shopping company.

Kindly guide me to whom I would approach for non refund of product cost by a online shopping company.
Please suggest most effective way and how..


 7 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 March 2020

Dear querist,

You have to send legal notice to company and thereafter you can file consumer complaint before district consumer forum.


Moirangthem Biren   10 March 2020

How I can get Format of such legal notice to send ?
My district is Imphal West and Office of Shop 101 headquarter is at Andheri East. Then where I have to file ?

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     11 March 2020

First of all you can file a legal notice to the online seller through counsel,

you can contact me for the legal notice,

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     11 March 2020

if the refund is not made despite service of the legal notice, you can file a consumer complaint in the concerned Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum

Akshay (Advocate)     11 March 2020


According to me you should first talk to their customer care afterwards to the grievence cell, if no action taken by them move towards court that is Consumer court to file a suit .

Hope this will help you

Best regards,

Akshay Gupta


Naresh Dhanjal   11 March 2020

which website is it?give me the details i will solve it.

Abdullah Tanveer (Advocate)     26 March 2020

You have two options available at your disposal and those are as follows:

1. In order to save your time and avoid long litigation, you can send a Legal notice to the registered office of the online shoping company in India through post as well as via e-mail, which can be vey well drafted by an advocate handling consumer cases. However, it is possible that the company won't reply to the notice in such a case you have the other option which is elaborated in point 2.

2. You can directly approach the District Forum(Consumer Court) of your City and file a Complaint under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 against the said online shoping Company and let the Court decide the matter in your favour, to which the opposite party is bound to comply.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register