LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemantkumar (Social service)     12 July 2017

Leave encashment on retirement

Dear all, Glad to be a part of LCI. I want to know can organisation stop leave encashment at the time retirement(58 yrs) ? Till retirement no notice, no show-cause or any inqiry but stopped my leave encashment. How it stand against benefits of Retirement ?

HH Ptl

Learning

11 Replies

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     12 July 2017

Can not stop, what do you mean by - Till retirement no notice, no show-cause or any inqiry but stopped my leave encashment. How it stand against benefits of Retirement ?

do you mean that you received any notice after retirement?

Hemantkumar (Social service)     12 July 2017

Dear sir, Myself retired at the age 58 yrs in sept 2015 from cooperative dairy industry after 30 yrs of my service. On Retirement within month my Gratuity, Super-annuation,PF etc had been given but my accumulated leave encashment had not been given so I wrote Managing director to pay my leave encashment. Thereafter I sent 15 reminders till June 16.They didnt reply my letters but on 15th reminder I got reply to collect leave encashment money so I had been to their office to have cheque. I had received cheque with protest since it was not full payment i.e Rs 1 lac had been retained by organisation without any notice or justification to me. After this I sent 15 more reminders till June 17 to pay my rest amount of leave encashment Rs 1 lac being retained, also I requested managing director to provide dossier about their action to retain my leave encashment money.

In view of above still neither they have provided any dossier nor paid my money. Till retirement no notice, no show-cause or any inqiry but retained Rs 1 lac. Leave accumulated during my serving had been my retirement benefit so can any organisation act like this ? Is it not my matter of right to get my money on Retirement ?

Ur guidance plz... Thnx... HH Ptl

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 July 2017

If workable pursue RTI route. 

Hemantkumar (Social service)     14 July 2017

Dear Mr Kumar sab,

My point is I hadn't been given any notice or any shwcause during my service  I so can organisation stop leave encashment on retirement ?

Regds,

HH Ptl

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 July 2017

Genericaly speaking;NO.

You may relate wirth your service rules.

You may also ask  why amount Rs...............is not paid!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2017

Despite unlimited number of representations, as posted by you, the employer has not paid in time and has not conveyed the reason for Nonpayment of full amount.

Apparently it is transgression…………

You may pursue the RTI route to know the reason.

Approach a very able local counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/service matters for a considered opinion.

(Guest)

RTI route might not be available as the organisation is a co-op Dairy. If it is possible then RTI is the BEST route

Otherwise, the Best is as suggested by Expert Kumar approach a Local Counsel having strong knowlege of Labour matters. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 July 2017

Please come with full facts

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 July 2017

Please come with full facts

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 July 2017

Originally posted by : Hemantkumar
Dear sir, Myself retired at the age 58 yrs in sept 2015 from cooperative dairy industry after 30 yrs of my service. On Retirement within month my Gratuity, Super-annuation,PF etc had been given but my accumulated leave encashment had not been given so I wrote Managing director to pay my leave encashment. Thereafter I sent 15 reminders till June 16.They didnt reply my letters but on 15th reminder I got reply to collect leave encashment money so I had been to their office to have cheque. I had received cheque with protest since it was not full payment i.e Rs 1 lac had been retained by organisation without any notice or justification to me. After this I sent 15 more reminders till June 17 to pay my rest amount of leave encashment Rs 1 lac being retained, also I requested managing director to provide dossier about their action to retain my leave encashment money.

In view of above still neither they have provided any dossier nor paid my money. Till retirement no notice, no show-cause or any inqiry but retained Rs 1 lac. Leave accumulated during my serving had been my retirement benefit so can any organisation act like this ? Is it not my matter of right to get my money on Retirement ?

Ur guidance plz... Thnx... HH Ptl

15 communications are more than sufficient to fetch a reply on justification.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 July 2017

Thanks for agreeing Mr. Rajesh.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register