LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Janardhan Rao (proprietor)     02 December 2011

Lease deed

I have a joint property between my two brothers and 1 Uncle , out of which i am the 1/4 owner of the property which was let out to Nationalised bank 40 yrs back , the lease deed came for renewal and my uncle is no more.

His legal heirs are fighting for ownership of that property in the court of law.

Now , as the matter is pending in court of Law , regarding my uncle's legal heir  , can we register the deed  in two different parts like 3/4 of the lease deed would be executed by my-self and my two brothers at this point of time and remaining 1/4 by my uncle's legal heir later on after deciding the matter in the court.

Pls advise.

Thanks and Regards

Janardhan Rao

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     02 December 2011

Dear rao,

you can lease your share of the joint property without any issues.

Janardhan Rao (proprietor)     03 December 2011

Thanks for your reply , can i register the lease deed in3/4 percentage in joint property?

Adv.Vandana Vaidya (Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney)     03 December 2011

Yes, definitely, infact instead of fighting in the Court of law you and enter into a compromise petition and go ahead with the renewal of the lease-deed, if your Uncles' heirs too are ready to continue with the lease.

Adv.Vandana Vaidya.

Adv.Vandana Vaidya (Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney)     03 December 2011

Sorry, please read this as "you and your uncles heir can enter into a compromise petition''. 

Adv.Vandana Vaidya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register