Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chetan shah (proprietor)     11 October 2010

Leakage Problem : who have to pay for repairing

Dear Sir,

There is water leakage problem in my Bathroom from above floor. My question is who have to pay for repair according to Indian law.

Please give me advice. Thank You.

Chetan Shah.

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 October 2010

It is the duty of the person who owns the above floor. Convince him to repair the leakage. If he didn't heed your request then issue notice to him otherwise claim the damages. If the apartment is owned by the Society then inform them the same if they also failed then do the same as suggested above.
2 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     11 October 2010

Agree with Rajiv Sir.

1 Like

(Guest)

Follow the advise that is given by adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

1 Like

(Guest)

The person in the floor above has all the resonsibility to repair and ensure that this doesn't happen again. If he doesn't do the needful ,then lodge a complain with the Muncipality and send a copy to the nearest police station which has the jurisdiction. Get an undertaking from him that this won't be repeated again.

1 Like

chetan shah (proprietor)     13 October 2010

Respected Rajeev Sir , Suchitra Madam , Kushan Sir and Brutus , I am very very thankful to all of you for immediate reply. Only due to Great online members like you and online communities I have survived in life.

Chetan Shah

1 Like

chetan shah (proprietor)     13 October 2010

Respected Rajeev Sir , Suchitra Madam , Kushan Sir and Brutus , I am very very thankful to all of you for immediate reply. Only due to Great online members like you and online communities I have survived in life. You all are doing great work for society. And I will try my best to do the same.

Chetan Shah

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register