LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SALIM BILAWALA   31 January 2022

Leakage from upper flats

I am staying on 4th floor in a housing society in Andheri, Mumbai. Above my flat 402/B, there two flats designated as 502/B and 503B. There has been severe leakage from these flat from many years. I have been complaining from last 5 years to the society but there is no response nor even a reply.. Particularly in every monsoon, I have to empty our my bedroom where leakage occurs and shift furniture which is already spoiled, to another room, I have complained to BMC whose Engineer visited and gave a comprehensive report on leakage to the society but to no avail. Similarly, I complained to Asst, Registrar of Co.op. society who too sent letter to society but there is no progress on his strictures. I have sent a lawyer's notice too but there is no response..

How can I proceed further now as I am the one who is suffering. We are only two senior citizens in the flat.

Learning

2 Replies

PALLABH HALDAR   01 February 2022

Sending a Notice is just a formality.

File a Civil Suit for damages

Take a help of an advocate who fill file the matter in court.Then only people will take matter seriously 

Advocate Pallabh Haldar

Archana Pandey   01 February 2022

Dear Mr. Salim,

Please approach once National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission. It may sure ease the things you are facing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register