LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paramjeet (Sr Mgr)     04 June 2020

Lay-off through resignation after a decade of service

Hello Professionals, I was working for an automobile company in the middle management cadre for past almost 10 years. Despite good track record & impressive appraisal results in 8 years out of 9 years, I was asked to put my resignation. The performance was good, considering the market conditions and there was growth against previous year. Due to current crisis on account of COVID-19, I requested them to continue with my employment and also wrote emails to key people in senior management but nobody responded to my email. I need to file a complaint (or case) to get compensation (atleast 6-9 months of salary) as I am not getting any job now. Need advise from experts here whether legally I can claim for compensation. Rgds

Learning

2 Replies

Shayon   04 June 2020

Hi Paramjeet, you can move with a civil case or before the labour court. What evidences and communication you have with the company is important. You can contact me to discuss further.

Regards
Shayon
Advocate

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     04 June 2020

1. Only if you can prove that you have been forced to resign, then you have a good case. Otherwise, it will be difficult to establish your case. 

2. Whether you will be entitled to file a suit in a civil court or labour court, depends on the nature of your work and other details.

It is very necessary to consult a lawyer with details (all communications). Since the resigation has already been given it is advisable to challenge the resignation at the earliest.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register