LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohini (student)     06 March 2010

Lawyer not attending the court session

We had filed a Writ Petition in High Court through the Lawyer, which is dismissed because of the Lawyers Absence in the hearing of the case. We have already lost few cases becauses because of the Ignorance and Negligence of this lawyer. When we question about this, we are getting evasive answers from him. Now we would like to know what further action we can take, coz his negligence has costed in our time, effort and money.

Regards,

Rohini

Learning

9 Replies

raghav (student)     06 March 2010

its really unfortunate that no lawyer can be held liable for being negligent or for causing delay in proceedings. The best you can do is u may drop this lawyer and appoint an emminent one for getting effective and speedy remedy..

All the best !

1 Like

BAPOO M. MALCOLM (Advocate and Empanelled Arbitrator Bombay High Court I 7809 OS 14436)     07 March 2010

It is sad. You can explain to the advocate your losses. Then ask him if you should appoint someone else.

A bad case cannot make a lawyer "ignorant".

Are you sure you have a plausible case? If not, you may be barking up the wrong tree. Best to get another opinion.

If it just a matter of unjustified absence, turn to the Bar Council. Make a representation to the court. No one can suffer for the fault of the lawyer or the court.

1 Like

Adv. karinamishra (-)     07 March 2010

lawyer can be punished  for professional misconduct by Bar council of India.

1 Like

Bidhan Dave (Advocate)     07 March 2010

I agree with "karinamishra"

Adv. karinamishra (-)     07 March 2010

thanks sir.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     08 March 2010

U can contact me at 9871158578

rohini (student)     13 March 2010

Thanks Sir, Actually the case is plausible related with the property matter. But the WP filed is wrong. hence nothing can be done regarding the petition. as you suggested, turning to the Bar Council will be the right method i believe.

rohini (student)     13 March 2010

Thank you, I stay in Bangalore. if you are in Bangalore, then i can contact you. Regards, Rohini

hisifybird (retd)     14 March 2010

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register