LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   29 August 2023

lawyer in housing society's MC Team

dear learned advocates

in the managing committee of our housing society we have one advocate who is paid heavy fees to defend in various courts the cases filed against society.

since the members of the managing service are voluntarily doing service, ie. without any paymebt how can our society pay to the Advocate member heavy fees from society’s funds.

your quick, valuable legal views will be appreciated highly

Best regards


 2 Replies


As per Cooperative Acts and Rules a/any  member either of the Managing Committee or a General Member can't work for the Society with a commercial interest. It is very unfortunate if he does so. Truly speaking in our country concept of Cooperative Housing Societies, Banks and many others are a failure. 

You can't do anything till such time the general members awake and protests such practices. Many members of this platform may advise you to talk with an advocate and file a suit. My submission is not to fall in their trap. 

Collectively you can move and write to the RCS.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   29 August 2023

Dear Sir

Many thanks for your valuable legal information. 

I highly appreciate your quick response

Best regards 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register