LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti   23 May 2024

Lawyer backdoor deal


My lawyer went corrupt and got into a backdoor deal with the opposite party. His vakalatnama is in my civil court case. How can I cancel hiss vakalatnama so that he doesn't do any damage while I search for another lawyer? Urgent, please help.


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 May 2024

client can also withdraw the Vakalatnama with the permission of the Court. The lawyer can also withdraw the Vakalatnama with the permission of the Court.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 May 2024

If you found that your lawyer has colluded with the opposite party, then nothing prevents you from changing the lawyer.

For that you issue a notice to him stating that you are terminating the vakalatnama given to him and demand him to give NOC and not to apear in the case anymore on your behalf.

If he is refusing to give NOC, you may file a memo before the cout directly as party in person and inform court that you have terminated the vakalatnama given to that lawyer and permit you to appoint a new lawyer and request the case to be adjourned for this purpose.

The court will accede to your request.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 May 2024

Just submit an application to court for want of time to change the lawyer and mention that you have lost faith in the advocate whose wakalatnama is on record, his appearance may not be accepted on your behalf. Issue notice to lawyer informing his disengagement for having no faith in him . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register