Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakshit (others)     02 March 2014

Lawyer and court fees in divorce case

Friends,

1.   What will be the court fees in divorce case filed by petitioner in family court in Bangalore, Karnataka.?

2.  How much fees I have to pay to advocate per hearing?

I am Petitioner.

My advocate took Rs 18 thousand while filing petition in court mentioning it as court fees.

Now he is taking  Rs Five Hundred per Court hearing  from me.

Every month atleast two court hearing will be there in my divorce case.

Do you think my lawyer is taking more amount from me when you compare with other cases?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

7 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2014

The lawyer's fees depends on the lawyer you engage, which again depends on his standing and expertise, if you are not satisfied, change the lawyer.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     03 March 2014

The fees are not to the higher side 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     05 March 2014

Rs. 2 thousnad for court fee and filing charges. Rs. 30 thousand towards Advocate fee for whole case untill you get divorce. You have  to pay in 4 to 5 instlaments by watching the proceedings step by step.

1 Like

AV Bagur Advocate (Advocate )     06 March 2014

Whether the fees charged by your advocate is on higher side or not is not the issue any anymore.  There is a trust deficient between you and your advocate and it is not in the interest of both the parties to continue in the client-attorney relationship any more.  There could be  lot of  tricky twists and turns in the case as it progresses and you must have a advocate in whom you have implicit faith and trust.  The choice is yours now.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     06 March 2014

I completely agree with Bangur.  If you doubt your advocate, change him immediately by settling the balance fee any and take No objection from him.

Vivek (manager)     07 March 2014

@Author,

Many factors play here.

1. It depends on your lawyer, his experience, place etc Usually it will around 15 to 20k for filing petition for rcr or divorce. Also same holds good for filing objection. This rate is usually by experienced lawyers with 10+ years of experience and in cities like delhi, hyderabad, bangalore etc. Other districts - usually lesser than that.

2. Usually per hearing rate varies from Rs. 250 to 2000 depending on lawyers. Some take more than this too.

Cost of divorce wont stop  here my dear friend. If you file petition, your wife for sure will ask HC to transfer case to her place. You might have to defend and keep case in bangalore only. For that again you have to shell out money.  Since law is totally baised for women, most probably case will be easily transferrable to her place. Again you have to shell out more money for travelling to her place, engaging new lawyer in that place, or taking your lawyer to that place(more money here )

If you file divorce, be prepared to get other cases like rcr, 498a, dv, dp 406 etc on you and your family member.  again there will be cost for AB(around 25k per person) then regular bail( if it is cash, you hav to provide cash bail for each person - may be around 50k per person), filing objectioon, going everytime to court along with all accused. Ooops!!!!!!.

On the top of these, there will lot of other expenditures like detective agencie's cost for finding out truth about wife, getting evidences etc.

May be if you have any medical related issues mentioned in your petititon or her objection, then you people many need to go for medical check up which might go up to dna testing. Again you will loose around 50k+ here.

Buzzzzz!!!!! Your wife will surely ask for stridan (all gold items you gifted also included here along with marriage expenditure, dowry taken if exists etc etc), compensation (hefty one- which you cant afford), also she might ask her legal expenditures.

The way is still long .... You might need to give money to clerks at court for getting good dates, copies etc etc....

This is the picture i have for now. I might have missed out some costs. Might be senior lawyers can help. I just tried to cover where all the cost will come for divorce case. I am not able to give right picture/exact numbers here but as per my opinion with all these mentioned things above, it usually costs around 5 to 10 lakhs for completely coming out of divorce case in the cities like bangalore with good advocate having 1o or 15+ years experience.

Hope this might help you. Keep posting regarding this as many people usually ask this question. It will be helpful so that they can manage money.

Psycho victim (Executive)     20 March 2014

You should see the value for the money you give him. One of the retired HC Judge said in an interview that "You can get a plate of Idli for Rs.10/- in road side eatery, the same can cost Rs.400/- in a star hotel. One of the main difference here is the quality." when asked about the Advocate's fee. If the Court simply gives the next date of hearing with out any progress, your lawyers presence will not any add value here and 5K fees for that appearance is too much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register