Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Responsible Citizen (Personal)     23 January 2012

Landlord not taking rent

Hi,

It has been more than a year that my ladlord is not taking rent from us,whenever I say that take the rent and provide the reciept ,he ignores..what should i do in this case..once I had done a money order but the acknowledgment i got was unsigned..so I am just clueless how to save myself from any legal hassles.

Please advice.

Learning

5 Replies

MANISH NARANG (LAWYER)     23 January 2012

HELLO,

IF YOUR LAND LORD IS NOT TAKING ANY RENT FROM YOU, IT CLEARLY SHOWS THAT HE NO LONGER

WANT YOU TO IN HIS PRIMISES/ PROPERTY.

SO BEST THING IS THAT CONSULT A CIVIL LAWYER AND DEPOSIT THE SAME AND REMAINING RENT

AMOUNT IN THE LOCAL COURT BEFORE THE "RENT CONTROLLER". SO THE RENT CONTROLLER

SUMMON YOUR LAND LORD AND ASK WHY HE IS NOT TAKING THE RENT...

MANISH NARANG

ADVOCATE

DELHI

francis dcosta (student)     23 January 2012

I Am having the same problem even my landlord is not taking the rent.  Sir you have mentioned to cosult the local layer and pay the rent to "Rent controler". Can we directly pay the rent to Rent Controler or we need to approach the  Layer .

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     23 January 2012

No you have to take the assistance ot local advocate , he will file case and take permission of the court or the proper authority.

MANISH NARANG (LAWYER)     25 January 2012

HELLO,

IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT IF ANY LAND LORD IS NOT TAKING RENT FROM YOU OR NOR GIVING ANY

RECEPTS AGAINST THE RENT. SO, IT SHOWS SOME DOUBT FROM THE SIDE OF LAND LORD.

SO SIMPLE APPROCHED TO THE CIVIL COURT TO RENT CONTROLLER WITH SOME ADVOCATE,,

BEACAUSE THERE ARE SOME LEGAL FORMALITIES WHICH ONLY ANY LAWYER CAN DO. SO IT IS

HIGHLY ADVISABLE TO ENGAGE SOME CIVIL LAWYER SO THAT HE CAN CONTEST THE PROCEEDING

BEFORE THE COURT.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     14 March 2012

Send him by way of MO,or deposit the amount in his account and keep counterslip with you.or just withdraw the same amount of cash from your a/c and keep record the rent is paid to landlord.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register