LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

martand paliwal (law student)     13 June 2014

Landlord asking to vacant the house in the second month

i am a law student in university of pune just completed my 1st year on 10th of april i and 3 of my friends took an apartment on rent in pune. we paid 33000 brokerage 70000 security deposite in 2 installments . before shifting we paid 40000 deposite 22500 rent and 33000 brokarage . we were suppose to pay the rest of the amount on 10 may as we were 4 people and we were on different places  we paid half on the time that is 26400 and rest 2600 was paid on 20 may due to some reasons 2 people were late in depositing now the landlord is asking to vacant the flat on this basis . now we are going to lose our 33000 brokrage if we vacant the house and the mistake was only for one time when we were paing the rent of june on time he said dont deposite the rent just vacant the house within 15 days that too not in written form ... what am i suppose to do ???????? plz reply as soon as possibe...

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2014

Is there any rental agreement between the owner and you?,  In the absence of any written agreement, he cannot orally ask you to vacate especially after receiving the security deposit and rental amount in full.  If he is troubling or harassing  you, consult a local lawyer and issue him a lawyer's notice demanding him to restrain from indulging in such practices of torturing you without any reason and to adopt due process of law instead of using such illegal methods.

AdvCherry (Free Lance)     17 June 2014

It can also be a pressure tactic, so that henceforth you pay your dues on time. Talk to him and if that doesn't work, consult your local lawyer.

-Advocate Cherry

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register