Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavani Moparthi   06 January 2022

Land registration

The land was purchased by three friends and it's registered on a friends name. He didn't send the registered property papers, when asked the reason for the delay and when will I be getting the property papers. I'm being threatened. 
What steps do I have to take 


 3 Replies

Aarushi   07 January 2022

Dear user,

Criminal intimidation (threatening) is defined under Section 504 of the Indian penal Code and the punishment under Section 506 includes 2 years or fine or both, or 7 years or fine or both, in case of threat to death or grievous injury.

In your case when the person refuses to give the property papers, you can file a criminal suit in the court with proper proof that you also have your share in the said property.

Apart from this, you can also file a suit for criminal intimadation.

I hope I was able to solve your query and please leave follow up questions, if any.

Pavani Moparthi   09 January 2022

I was tortured a lot in the property affairs since two years. I hired a lawyer and she sent legal notice to the respondents and they didn't even bother to respond. I asked the lawyer to file in the court and it's not proceeding further . Are they using power & influence? 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2023

given facts indicate that land doe snot belong to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register