LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Usha Rungta   09 June 2020

Land Registration.

Actually, a land is there for which a will had been created by my grandmother in my name and she is died now after which I have ownership of that land. so do I need to perform any more formalities to get the proper title of that land or that will is sufficient ?

Learning

6 Replies

Manogya Chava   09 June 2020

Greetings, 

Though she has given you the property, you must execute the will witht the executor or a lawyer. It is nothing but the distribution of property of the deceased according his/her intent as worded in the Will. In order to start his duties as an executor of a Will, a probate is necessary. For this to be realized, the executor should apply for probate of the Will before a competent Court. Upon the same, you will become the owner of the land with the papers. 

The asnwers on this link may prove useful - https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Execution-of-will-681671.asp 

Hope this helps. 

Usha Rungta   10 June 2020

How much cost involved in this ?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 June 2020

Whether the testator (your grandmother) acquired the land by succession or self-acquired ? 

Where is the property (land) located ? If it is situated in presidential towns probate of will is compulsory ptherwise optional if none of the LRs of deceased have an objection.

Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya(Banerje (Lawyer 9830019661 Kolkata WB)     10 June 2020

Originally posted by : Usha Rungta
How much cost involved in this ?.......It depends upon the valuation of the assets of the deceased person as specified in that Will, however,the Maximum Court Fee in this regard is Rs 50000/ and other procedural charges which involve the charges for sending Notices(citations) to all the legal heirs and heiresses of your grandmother who are entitled to such property if there is no Will. You have not specified that whether in that Will there is the name of any person who as Executor/Executrix has to apply for such probate before the Court of Law of competent jurisdiction.Please take note that in absence of Executor/Executrix,you as beneficiary have to apply for Letters of Administration before the Court of Law and the Court may ask you to furnish bond in such case.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 June 2020

Hi,

You have to transfer the land in your name. If you are staying in city you have to get probate of the will. For that purpose you have to contact local advocate and file probate application in court. And after passing of judgment you can transfer the land in your name in revenue records.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 June 2020

You should take steps get the land mutated in your name on the strength pf the Will In specified localities, as provided under Section 57 of the Indian Succession Act, the Will needs to be probated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register