LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar   25 May 2022

Land lease issue with government petroleum company

My father gave lease for HPCL for 20 years(they are several violations (such as non payment of Rent etc.,) of the lease agreement by HPCL) and we are running an outlet in the premises. The Lease expired in  Aug 2021. But there was no request from HPCL to extend the lease since its expiry. But we have sent a notice to vacate the property on Apr 2022 and to vacate by Aug 2022. Its understood after having a meeting with HPCL officials that they are not willing to vacate.
They are threatening us saying that they have a full team of Advocates using them, they will pull the issue till supreme court, and we have to run behind courts for at least 15 years to get them vacated.
Please advice what we should do to reduce this time line and get them vacated.


 1 Replies

Mahi Manchanda   22 June 2022


Under the Rent Control Act, If a tenant disagrees to leave after the completion of the lease period, you may approach the court for an eviction notice. If the tenant still doesn’t leave, you can approach the Civil Court, under the jurisdiction of which your property falls.

I hope this answers your question.

Have a good day!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query