LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind (Executive Director)     24 March 2013

Land grabbing

Is Tamilnadu Land Grabbing Act has got stay order and its hearing is coming Madurai High Court on March 28, 2013. If anyone knows kindly reply to this post.

Learning

11 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 March 2013

ANTI LAND GRABBING SPECIAL CELLS
During 2006–2011, there were a large 
number of cases of land grabbing and forcible sales in the State. Though complaints were made to the police in the last 5 years no action was taken by the police. 
As the number of complaints increased manifold since the assumption of this Government, I ordered the formation of special cells to investigate such cases.
Consequent to my announcement that 
appropriate action will be taken against the persons 
who wrongfully dispossessed the properties of the rightful owners by intimidation and force during the previous regime and that the properties will be restored to the rightful owners, the number of complaints 
received with regard to land grabbing grew to 8,947 as on 17.08.2011. This Government has sanctioned the formation of 36 Anti Land Grabbing Special Cells in 8
Tamil Nadu with one cell each at the State Police Headquarters, 7 Commissionerates and 28 Districts except Karur, Tiruvannamalai and Nagappattinam Districts for this purpose. In those three Districts, the 
District Crime Branch will handle the investigation of land grabbing complaints. The Government has also accorded financial sanction for a sum of
Rs.20.02 crores for the above purpose. So far, in the land grab cases registered, 419 offenders have been arrested and land worth Rs.415.48 crores has been 
restored to the rightful owners. The Government has also ordered on 01.08.2011 the constitution of 25 Fast Track Special Courts in Tamil Nadu for the quick disposal of these cases.

Arvind (Executive Director)     24 March 2013

Is the land grabbing act is functioning. We lost 2,74 grounds of land at Chennai through fake Power of Attorney by an advocate at Pappanadu Sub-registrar office Document No 31 of 2010. It is a forged document. The 18the team of Intelligence wing arrested the forged document person upon FIR 330/2011, remanded him for 60 days at PUZHAL. Now he is in bail. The building was sold to eight persons and registered at T. Nagar Sub-Registrar office Doc. No. 147 to 1454.

The Pattukottai District Registrar conducted an enquiry 22/03/2012. The two witness, petitioner and the registered Junior Assistant of Pappanadu are not aware this fake one. Finally the District Registrar (Incharge) asked to seek justice through court.

Still it is pending. We heard that a stay on the land grabbing act was got stay by general public. It is coming hearing on 28 March 2013 at Madurai High Court Bench. Is it is true? Kindly advise us how to proceed to make encumbrance free?

Email: ngoconsult@sify.com

Raja (None)     30 March 2013

Sir,

Even i have the same problem what is the procedure you adopted to report land grabbing with Police? I had given one complaint to the Commissioner of Police in Egmore but no action has happened since past 6 months.

What is the procedure to get a FIR done  for land grabbing

Kindly Help

Regards,

ARUNKUMAR (EXECTIVE)     12 February 2014

Hi, Stay got by someone for their case, not for our case. stay given in different circumstances. Kindly contact me for more details  Arunkumar ph#9943308341.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 February 2014

There is no stay on the functioning or implementation of Anti land grabbing law in Tamilnadu, it is a wrong information.

ARUNKUMAR (EXECTIVE)     12 February 2014

Hi sir,

I filed land grabbing case to Dro. But Dro not conducting any enquiry because there is stay on ig circular. They want us to seek justice through civil court.

stay got by some individual for their case. because of this stay they are not conducting any enquiry.

Raj (dd)     25 September 2014

Hello Sir, we have our land in our native place. We got settled in Chennai.  Some of our relations in our native place are saying that they were taking care of our land for all these years and so it belongs to them.  Do they have any rights to say like that?  Was there any GO issued like that? If so, please specify the GO number... 

Raj (dd)     25 September 2014

One person has grabbed our land and sold it to many persons one by one.  After this issue came to our knowledge, we had reported to the local police station.  The police behaved in favour of the accused.  Then we posted the complaint to the SP, DSP, Land Grabbing cell, CM Cell and everywhere. Till now no action is taken  by any of the Government officials.  They are forwarding the complaint to some one and we are getting irrelevant replies.  The replies are sent just for a sake.  We have all the documents with us.  These are our ancestor properties and one part of it completely belongs to us.  We dont know what to do now..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 September 2014

You should have followed up the matter properly and vigorously, any lax in your side will make the authorities sleep on your file.  Take the assistance of a good lawyer and pursue the case.

Ilansezhiyan (Admin Manager)     12 November 2014

Sir

I've filed a land grabbing case on 08.09.2014, in villupuram, kindly let me know whether the land grabbing special court in villupuram is functioning or not as there is no improvement in the case.

Kindly let me know whether I can transfer the case to  any other special court.

Thanks & Regards.

Ilansezhiyan

venkat (female singer)     09 December 2014

I am Mrs.Jayashree living Poonamallee.My mother Smt.Janaki Ammal  sold her own property Rs.1200/- Porur near  land(say 50 cents)  and saved father-in-law land from action of sale for failure of dues in the  year of 1962.They are unable to find the balance  price Rs.250/-(fixed Rs.1450/- 145 Cent land cost).

The Documents  prepared Rs.1000/- cash and  R.100/-stamp paper,Rs.20/-stamp duty and Document Writter Charges Rs.10/-and other expenses totally Rs.1200/-given and registered  made short term lease period  four years.In case,not cleared the loan amount, It goes automatically,long term lease.All the legal heirs along with her-father -in law  signed and registered documents. 

This lands are maintaining and getting revenue by Smt Janaki Ammal in very long period.. Due to the health problem,my father  only maintain the land. But, without her knowledge of my mother Mrs.Janaki Ammal, My father permitted his young brothers in small shops.but,grabbed the land back to real owner. Mrs.Janaki Ammal  unable to use the lands.My father supported that side.If  we, give companies for rent ,we can get  more crores of rupees.This grabber give threats,and  got revenue bills and patta's. They are enjoying our land without clear enjoying periods and removal of registration.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register