LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vimlesh Kumar Singh   06 July 2020

land dispute

A man named Mahadev named in my village has 31 decimal of land as by his land documents also called as (khatihan) but as according to Bihar government's land record that piece of land measure only 30 decimal on map.At first he sold some of that land to someone in my village saying this is half of that land ie.16.5decimal and sold to that person. In the same year I purchased rest of that part of land from him ie. 16.5 decimal of land. Now the dispute arises that 1st person say that whether the land is what I will occupy 16.5 decimal of land.If happen so;I will have only 15.5 decimal of land according to map and half according to land owner ie.16.5(half of land as he has said) .What should I do now
PLZZ help us somebody.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 July 2020

Get the land measured through revenue authorities as per procedure.

sribhusan sukla (Free Legal Consultations)     07 July 2020

The system of land Survey and Settlement is done under relevant Act of the State and Land records are prepared indicating area of the plot and rent payable to State for use of land. This record has presumptive value of correctness. This is technically called Record of Rights(RoR). From your nothing it appears that in ROR the area is 30 decimal but your vendor's claims is 31 Decimal. First change the land record status in govt record. So one of you shall have to file revision before settlent authority if not barred by time or file suit for correction of area from 30 Decimal to 31 Dec and change in your purchased area.
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 July 2020

Such discrepencies in land meaurement is common. You are the second purchaser. Naturally, the title conveyed to you could only for the land remaining after the first sale.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register