Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     15 July 2014

Labor law in india

Hi,

I was earlier (till Feb 2013) employed at a company "ABC". Company ABCs financial year is from March to March. They provide salary hike and bonus in every year March.

Due to my domestic issues, I had quit and resign from ABC in Feb 2013. During my resignation, my manager told me that ABC would not give me my yearly Bonus (due in March 2013) as I was quitting in Feb 2013.

But my arguement was, bonus was for the period from March 2012 to March 2013. And if I am resigning in Feb 2013, I am still entitled for my earnings in Bonus for 11 Months.

My manager denied and stated that I was not entitled for any Bonus as per ABCs terms and conditions.

I find this unreasonable and I think I will have rights in India.

ABC is located in Bangalore and is an MNC.

Do I have an option to file a case again this company at all?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Rangee (Lawyer)     16 July 2014

Hi,

You are entitled to bonus for period of 11 months calculated on pro rata basis. If the company refuses you may approach labour court for award.

Yours 

Rsksingh

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 July 2014

Every employee shall be entitled to be paid by his employer in an accounting year, bonus, in accordance with the provisions of this Act, provided he has worked in the establishment for not less than thirty working days in that year.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 July 2014

I agree with the views of above experts, a pro rata bonus can be paid, if your personal approach do not yield desired result, consult a local lawyer and issue a legal notice to the company demanding the same, let them answer that under which provisions of law they deny you the bonus payment, after which you can challenge the same in the court of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register