LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AKSHAY SAXENA   21 November 2021

Kumar vs kr

In my all educational marksheets my middle name is written as Kumar but in my graduation marksheet and degree it is written in abbreviated form KR. Is it cause any problem in document verification?

Learning

7 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 November 2021

My name is different in different certificates. It has not caused any problem.

Anaita Vas   22 November 2021

If your middle name does not match, yes it would be a problem. It will be difficult in case of a document verification.
To avoid such minor mistakes from bothering you, please change it when you have time now.

Take this chance to check your other documents (PAN card, Aadhaar, Voter's ID etc).

Check if you have any ID document that has your full name correctly without any spelling mistake or abbreviationsw. If you have a valid birth certificate, PAN Card or Voter's ID that has your correct name, then you can get it chaged easily.

Approach a Notary in your area who can get you a valid affidavit that has your proper name. Once this is done, please visit the newspaper offices to place a name correction/change advertisement in one English and one vernacular paper and keep the original paper snippets with you.

Then draft a letter to the respective institution for the name correction service you need, forward it via the respective principal/head of the institution. You would need to pay a small fee for this service.

Regards, 

Anaita Vas

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 November 2021

Whether there were photographs in the qualifying certificate and whether you have preserved your hall ticket?

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 November 2021

You may bring the matter to the notice of the University.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 November 2021

I am a retired person. If you see my profile you can imagine how many certificates I may be having. Almost in each one of them my name is differently shown. I was always consistant in giving my name in my applications. But the person who scrutises the application reproduces it differently. But the name will not be entirely different. There will be slight difference. My latest documents are passport, PAN card and Aadhar card. In each of the three, my name is slightly different from the other two. I am a retired Government servant.  I never had any problem. If at any time a question was asked I explain and the officer concerned is satisfied. In your case also it is Kumar and Kr. The latter is just an abbreviation.  Have you got Adhar card? How is your name splet in the Aadhar card?

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2021

The present day problem with names is not because of officials or officers, but because of the computers!

VIVEK KR BEDIA   06 July 2023

Mere 10th certificate m naam vivek kr bedia h or 12th, graduation m naam vivek kumar bedia ha toh problem create kr skta hai ky document verification mai?? "Kumar" ko short m "kr" bhi likha jata hai.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register