LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pritesh Patil (Engineer)     07 August 2012

Kul kayda

Respected Sir,

I have agricultural land in municipal corporation zone. My father is paralized & no budy is going to cultivate it. My fathers cusin asked us for land to be given for grapes cultivation for 15 years. How should we protect our land. Is it safe to make just agreement?


 3 Replies

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     07 August 2012

You need to consult a local lawyer and get an agreeemnt drafted accordingly. You should ensure that the agreement is registered.'

Instead of an agreement of 15 years, it is better to execute agreement for a shorter term, say 5 years. You can execute further agreement on expiry of the term of the agreement.

surjit singh (Assistant)     07 August 2012

15 years is a long time, it appears you have no body to cultivate your land so later on it will be difficult on your part to refuse further extension of the agreement. It will be much fruitfull to be a sleeping partner in the cultivatin with a definite share in the profit, even if any agremenet is to be made, make the agreement in such a way that you are the owner and the other party is only providing & supplying labour and other materials as per contract.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     01 October 2012

If the agricultural land is within limits of municipal it won't attract 32G of of BTAL act,but for disqualifying from possession also take out 7/12 extract every year after month of August and check that your father name (or KHUD) is there at 12of 7/12 extract.secondly keep and preserve the documents of sale of agricultural produce respective years entered on whatever entered on 12.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query