LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khadija   28 November 2023

Khula being forced and threaten us to take khula

My sister is married on 20th , on 24th Nov she came back to our home after reception .

on 25th her father in law who is an advocate called us and threading us to take Khula and pay 20 lakh .

otherwise he will sue us with 420 case .

His son know my sister since past 15 years and my father know there family since past 25 years.

he is threatning my brother of getting beaten .

we are in very complicated situation .

he is blaming my sister that she was crying too much on ruksati and making stories in just days .

we are terrified my father is old .


This man (father in law of my sister )

is yelling over the call and asking for 20 lakhs .

we already spend 15 lakhs in marraige just 5 days ago and he has not even given mahr to my sister .

it was announced and shown to us at the time of nikah .. it was a necklace of 251000 .

but my sister did not come with a penny from his house .

please advice .

Allah will help please make dua for my father and family 


 3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 November 2023

That is bullsh*t... he can do nothing ,instead if you just file complaint in police station for dowery and domestic voilance he along with his whole family will be in jail for years. Just settle the issue and tell him that you will file police complaint if he did not returned all the belongings and jwellery . Don act like stupids

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2023

You and your family is required to report the matter to the police.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 November 2023

Your sister can give a complaint to the police about the acts of cruelty, threats, intimidation, dowry demand etc and should make sure that she escalates the matter to the higher police officer if the local police do not entertain the complaint or are reluctant to take proper legal action just because her father in law is an advocate.

If she is not getting any relief through police she can file a petition directly before the concerned judicial magistrate court under section 156(3) cr.p.c. seeking direction to the police to initiate proper legal action and book the culprits as per law. 

She can file domestic violence case  against her husband, father in law and all those people who tortured her

She can file a petition under section 125 cr.p.c. seeking maintenance also.

Then she can file a petition for RCR too.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register