LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More



can jurisdiction to existing civil suit be changed on the basis of permanent change of residence from one state to another?


 6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2024

The suit is not based on the address hence the case cannot be transferred to the new address of the litigant 

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     16 April 2024

Is there any civil suit pending or at hearing stage? What is the matter, tell us in detail.


Thank you.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     17 April 2024

Jurisdiction in a civil suit is governed by the provisions of Section 15 to 20 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908. 

It shall remain the same as it was at the time of institution of the suit.

Whose (plaintiff's of defendant's) address is stated to have been chaged from one state to another and what is the reason for permanent change of address ?

In case it is a property related suit, the jurisdiction of court where property is situated shall remain, irrespective of the fact that litigant has changed address.

However, you have posted variety of topics for debate (which are not queries) as observed from your profile, some of them are:

  •  posted a new topic in Forum stamp duty rebate in maharashtra
  • posted a new topic in Forum Legal Heir Certificate vs Sucession certificate
  • posted a new topic in Forum sucession certificate
  • posted a new topic in Forum expedite matters at city civil court
  • posted a new topic in Forum lingering techniques
  • posted a new topic in Forum inçharge court powers 

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=224803

Accordingly, it is not understood as to what is your actual problem / dispute / concern vis-a-vis aforesaid topics/ questions.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 April 2024

Well adviced by Senior Advocate and expert Dr J.C.Vashista,I concur with him.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 April 2024

Please post queries, not riddles.

If at all there is a real issue, please post the facts as well the context.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 April 2024

I endorse the views of Advocate Mr. P Venu. 

The querists take the experts for granted  hence somebody has to pull them up.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register