LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P S Jaya sankar   05 October 2021

jurisdiction

Removed from govt autonomous service in 2018. reinstated in 2021 on consideration of departmental appeal. child education allowance not paid for intervening period. Reinstatement order not clear about CEA payment, though got some other payment. No response from my department on my request about CEA.

I have reservation to take up with CAT, as my appeal was considered by them. My child above 18 year, being Bonafide beneficiary can she approach High Court instead CAT or whether CAT will have jurisdiction.. Query is because, though I am a claimant it is the right of my child as CEA is eligible to even on death of employee.Request clarity on jurisdiction pl.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 October 2021

When the CAT was established in 1985 by an Act of Parliament, its rules clearly stated that its judgements on service related matters of state and central government employees can only be challenged in the apex court

P S Jaya sankar   11 October 2021

thanks, but sorry sir. CAT decision is challengeable before High court, I belive

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register