Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohan K.   08 January 2019

Judgement copy for remarriage

Hi,

The judgement of my divorce was given in Aug 2018 in Bandra Family Court, Mumbai. On ecourts.gov.in, it shows that my Judgement Copy is ready which I will pick up this week.

But the Copy of Decree is not mentioned there (under Final Orders/Judgement). I have 2 questions regarding this:

1. Does it generally take this long for the Decree to be ready? What steps can I take to expedite the process? I have paid the fees required for both judgement and decree copy and have a receipt.

2. I plan on remarrying this year. Would the Judgement copy suffice or would I need to wait for the Decree to file for my marriage registration?

I am attaching screenshots from the ecourts app in the pdf. First image is my case and the one below is a random case which I accidently opened (the other one shows both Decree and Judgement)

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 January 2019

Dear querist,

Delay in your matter is exceptional contact your lawyer or court staff.

For second marriage you need to wait for 120 days from the date of judgment.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

pankaj verma   08 January 2019

don't worry...it's simple..9816374011

Sachin (N.A)     08 January 2019

Originally posted by : Rohan K.
Hi,

The judgement of my divorce was given in Aug 2018 in Bandra Family Court, Mumbai. On ecourts.gov.in, it shows that my Judgement Copy is ready which I will pick up this week.

But the Copy of Decree is not mentioned there (under Final Orders/Judgement). I have 2 questions regarding this:

1. Does it generally take this long for the Decree to be ready? What steps can I take to expedite the process? I have paid the fees required for both judgement and decree copy and have a receipt.

2. I plan on remarrying this year. Would the Judgement copy suffice or would I need to wait for the Decree to file for my marriage registration?

I am attaching screenshots from the ecourts app in the pdf. First image is my case and the one below is a random case which I accidently opened (the other one shows both Decree and Judgement)

Thanks.

You should talk to court staff about the delay. You can remarry after 90 days after divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register