LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neil Paul   29 January 2021

Jokes on Government

Hello there everyone, I have a question in mind regarding the Right of Expression that is provided to all people of India. We all are aware of all the riots and things going on in our country currently and everyday there are a no of posts, memes and videos surfacing the internet covering various aspects of situations people are facing.
Although social media are well secured there are aspects that tends and individual to believe that we're somehow managed or monitored by the government, which makes we wonder if I'm as an individual person free to show my believes or aspects about anything going on.
The question that's hitting me is that can I being a citizen of this country express my feelings about all this concept on social media, like for instance if I post a funny meme about government will it be a crime to do so? I guess as per fundamental rights are concerned it should be not but I'm not sure about it looking at the situation. So is it okay if I post jokes or make funny memes on the government? Please specify.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 January 2021

Some states are bringing a law for action against such social posts.  Several cases were already filed in State of AP.  Your liberty ends at the tip of your nose and the post should not offend others or it should not be false and misleading.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     31 January 2021

Unfortunately we seem to be losing sense of humour

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register