IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand das (service)     27 April 2011

joint property matter....

Two friends 'A' and 'B' had purchased a piece of land in their joint names. Now 'C' a third person/customer has approached 'A' for buying half of the piece of land only from 'A' ? How to do this ? Can 'A' ask 'B' to get a partition deed executed and then sell the half  portion to 'C'?

pls guide.


 1 Replies

AAK (Advocate)     27 April 2011

If mutually A and B agreed, they can go for partition deed and their respective boundaries may be demarcated in that deed. but if B is not ready for partition then A can sell his undivided share in the property to C but C has to file suit for general partition for the demarcation of his share. OR A himself can file suit and after getting his share from the court he can sell it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query