LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (a)     26 February 2020

Job resignation

Due to competition in the market and cost saving and also due to low revenue generation of my deparment in the company, the department is asking me to submit my resignation. i dont want to submit resignation as i have maintenace order to pay monthly amount.

But the company keeps asking me for resignation. Please let me know..

1. if i submit resignation due to current circumstance, will court accept this for revising maintenance?

2. even if i submit resignation because comapny asked me, i may not get a job with equal salary or i have to chose a job of lower salary, will court accept this fact?

Please advise what to do now

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 February 2020

Dear querist,

You have to make representation about resignation to company and about reduced salary. Court may consider and pass order to reduce maintenance.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 February 2020

You have been considering one side of the issue. 

The company/ employer has to see / consider viability of retaining you (continuation of your services) or show exit door, if you do not agree for a respectable way for leaving them by submitting resignation.

Ravi (a)     27 February 2020

Thank you Shirish Pawar ji. you mentioned the court "may consider" - does this mean the court may reject my petition even if i mention the facts.

THank you om Prakash - your points are valid from the general law perspective and we all know that is inevitable. if you have any response to the current circumstance, please do so rather than giving general statemtns that confuses the queriest and future readers.

THank you Vashistha ji - i know the comapany's problem and they have full rights to retain the employee or give him the pink slip but all i want to know is if i proceed towards submitting resignation because the company has asked me to do so, how will court interpret these facts.

FYI - my maintenance is ordered in trial court and currently appeal pending in the next court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register