Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRATEEP.P (Assistant Manager)     10 January 2014

Job issue

Dear Sir,

I am working in a private firm and I have 3 months notice period. But I got a new job and i need to join immediately. In the appointment letter, it is wriitten that if i pay the compensation i will be relieved and i am ready to pay the compensation. But now the company is saying they wont allow me  to go as well as they will file a case against me. Is there any legal issues tin this as i have got a job abroad. I have given a written resignation letter but they are not accepting it. What should i do?

Learning

2 Replies

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     11 January 2014

Please contact your lawyer after asessing the offer letter you will be able to send the legal notice. But try to amicably settle. Talk to HR head and let them know that you may go legal for remedy.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 January 2014

>> Assuming that your next employer has asked you to join within say 7 days.......................and hence you want to be relieved immediately against notice period of 90 days.

Since there is an option of notice pay against notice period therefore you can exercise this option and resign by affirming to:

-adjust notice pay in FNF statement, supply you the FNF statement for verification and acceptance..................

- or by tendering notice pay by cheque and demand proper receipt on the spot.

Employee should always tender some reasonable notice period and complete tasks/assignments on hand and leave no room for getting charged on any count and help the employer also for proper handover.

You may affirm in writing to handover the charge and that no tasks/assignments are pending at your end.

>> The candidate must inform during interview 90 days and write 90 days only..............................and negotiate with employer that next employer should tender payment of notice buy out to candidate and confirm in writing that candidate shall be absorbed without relieving letter, and relieving letter /service certificate shall be removed from check list of documents to be produced by new joinee......................... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register