LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Honesty is best policy Honesty   11 February 2022

Issues with my father over property

Respected sir, After my mother's demise at my age of 22 years, my father remarried again without informing me or asking my consent to an nagging and abusive lady. They both started abusing and harassing me since then which caused many obstacles to complete even my formal education. I used to spend most of my time in temples and ashrams to avoid harassment.Step mom doesn't have any kids and I am the only son to my father. Under the influence of that lady, he completely abandoned me and didn't support for my education and career. They both caused me immense pain and torcher emotionally and sometimes even physically. I am 34 now and living independently in gulf doing menial job. I heard that he sold my own mother's property of 5 acres agriculture land and my grand father's property of 8 acres is only remaining. When I asked him on the phone regarding my rights over the property, he bluntly refused to give me grand father's property and told me to spend rest of my life only on my earnings. Even when my mother was alive, he used to abuse and beat us. He sold my mother's property without even intimating me and now he is refusing to give my share in my grand father's property.

What legal proceedings can I take so that I can get my property? kindly advise. Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     11 February 2022

Hello,

For your mother you and your father are the legal heirs. You can challenge the sale in court. Contact local advocate and take suitable action. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register