Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rashi   01 March 2024

Is sign required on register sale deed??

There is a registered Sale deed made in 1976  in my uncle n aunty name. My uncle was 18 yrs 5 mnths n aunty was minor.but in sale deed it's wrongly mentioned that he is just 17 yrs n just natural guardian their mother has signed the deed. Now can I question that deed becoz there is no sign of uncle n falsy mentioned he was minor.

Without his sign does he still hold title on property?? In 1976 wether sign of major was compulsory or not.pls guide

Learning

6 Replies

Sidhhi   01 March 2024

Legally No.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 March 2024

Sale deed doesn't require signature of purchaser.

1 Like

Rashi   01 March 2024

No means sign not required or legally he doesn't hold title on property?? 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 March 2024

The signature of the buyers was not necessary at the time of purchase in the year 1976.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2024

If the sale deed states that your uncle was a minor then it becomes the duty of the seller to verify the status of the purchaser and not the buyer, since the guardian accepted the sale of property on behalf of the minor there is no legal infirmity in it.

The sale deed was executed by a registered document hence it is legally valid.

The minority of the purchaser at that time will not ,make the deed void

You cannot take any legal action at your whims or on any imaginary concept.

Rashi   07 March 2024

Originally posted by : T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate

If the sale deed states that your uncle was a minor then it becomes the duty of the seller to verify the status of the purchaser and not the buyer, since the guardian accepted the sale of property on behalf of the minor there is no legal infirmity in it.The sale deed was executed by a registered document hence it is legally valid.The minority of the purchaser at that time will not ,make the deed voidYou cannot take any legal action at your whims or on any imaginary concept.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register