LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan (Finance Consultant)     08 January 2022

Is notorized rental agreement a valid legal document

Hi, Is a notorized 11 months rental agreement valid in court ? I have had a rental agreement with my tenant but now after 3 months, I need my flat, but he is asking for more time. But I need to sell my house, so can I use notorized agreement to get him evicted ?

Learning

4 Replies

Anaita Vas   08 January 2022

It is to be noted that in case of any legal proceedings, the notarized agreement cannot be admissible in the Court, as it does not validate the rental transaction. It just verifies the documents furnished along with the agreement.

Nevertheless, there is no legal requirement to notarize a rent agreement in India. But in the absence of a registered agreement, a notarized agreement is asked for by various utility connections such as cooking gas, telephone, mobile, etc. 

Regards,

Anaita Vas

Shashi Dhara   08 January 2022

If it exceeds 11months have to register compulsory,so they notarise it ,if you go to court produce it ,if opposite advocate didnt object quiet o.k.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     09 January 2022

For 11 months agreement no registration is required.To get the tenant vacate you issue a legal notice stating that you are intending to sell away the house so to vacate within 3 months from the date of receipt of the notice.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 January 2022

Rental agreement for period more than 11 months is compulsorily require registration but for up to 11 months it does not require registration.Eviction petition can be filed only on the grounds mentioned in the State Act .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register