Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is it possible to dismiss 498a with help of app himself?

dear members, one of politician cum lawyer suggests that he will negotiate with ex-wife and talk to APP to get the case closed in next two months. he is saying he will work with AWPS and ensure ex-wife comes to an agreement and endorsed. Obvious, he is asking for few lakhs. he is neither popular nor powerful, but has every tactical talent to play around as his dad was Ex.MLA in the state. my question is,
1.will APP yield to this person's influence?
2.will this create problem in the case in future, if unsuccessful?
3.what would be the procedure to get the closed? current stage is discharge proceedings in progress, pp has not given his statements.
thank you.

note: i have an opporutnity to travel outside country and planning to take parents. hence, trying out this option.

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     03 October 2016

Sir, 

What makes you think he is exclusive person to get it done, why don't you try out yourself first and find her attitude towards the case. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

(Guest)

thanks for your resposne sir,

he is saying he will get it done in the court, and get closure as MF (Mistake of Facts) or AD (Action Dropped). i told him openly will not pay single rupee till i see the result.

same person has tried for quash, but did not file the case, as quash has very less probability. as the case has come to lower court, he is suggesting this option now. he claims that by finding mistakes in FIR/CS, this is possible by bringing all officials together. i too have same feeling, this looks very vague, but could not resist trying out.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     03 October 2016

From you question I can understand that you are also doubtful about success of this process. smiley

My opinion is, you are free to travel abroad along with your parents and settle there.

Never enter into your jurisdiction. None can touch you. 

https://www.facebook.com/RockySmith4Calcutta/

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     08 October 2016

This is your personal issue, to whom you may trust, well you should try mediation, with help of Court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register