Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aravind Natarajan   27 February 2022

is it legal to backdate an unregistered marriage ?

Is it okay to backdate a marriage in order to file for mutual divorce ?
what is the severity of crime and punishment if caught ?


 2 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     27 February 2022

Dear Querist

Knowingly submitting false and incorrect facts before the Court for the purpose of obtaining decree of divorce is an offence of cheating and punishable u/s 420 IPC.

Mohit Chahal
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099


Palak batra   28 February 2022

Dear Querist, 


Whether marriage is registered or not it can be dissolved by contested or mutual divorce. There is required only proof of marriage like card photograph etc. Mutuality is an easy way if both parties agree. But for that, backdating a marriage is not a right way, this could be punishable under section 420 of IPC. 




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query