Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav (TL)     07 April 2012

Is calling wife a 'bitch' cruelty

Hi,

My wife has mentioned in her statement in DV that I used to harass he by calling her a b*tch...on being asked, I confessed that I did say that a couple of times in anger but never meant it...I had also apologized to her afer that and she too agreed.

Now, she is claiming that she has been harassed on the basis of this.

Does calling your wife 'Bitch' count under cruelty? Is this sufficient to get me convicted for 498A ?

If I say that she too used to abuse me in equally filthy language, will it help?

Please help me. I have been in enough sh*t already. I dont want more. Please save me.

Learning

6 Replies

**Victim** (job)     07 April 2012

Yes any profanity is considered as cruelty.

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     07 April 2012

Why did you confess in DV? It well help if you say that she abused you first in filthy language and said only in retaliation, get some friends or relatives to testify to that if you can, and learn your lesson for the future and don't use profanity..

bhagwan (owner)     07 April 2012

MR. RAGHAV, Sorry to say u can not use such type of words. I met  few days one of my friend and shocked to here from him that after marriage one night while some quarrels between husband and wife she said everythig for her that a. she was having one affair in college and they cleared ll the walls of society. b. later she engaged and when that person caome to know that i hv one affair he cancelled engagement but from them also they collected amount and he paid otherwise we told him that we are going to file dowry demand case agianst u.

C. later one marriage from them one girl and on him also filed 498 and collected money.and we made divorece deed and signed in sub registrar office.

D. later again married , stay some months and after ten months filed 498a and  from them also collected  money and signed paper deed of divorece and signed in regirstar office.

and now married with u., my parents did not tell u any thing.. and now if u will not pay money we will file 498a and other cases.... what to do..this is country where police, politicians, NGO and all will support to ladies....we mens are jsut making money for them, and for their parents....so forget to say any word....sorry if u feel some wrong.

SRINIVASA PRASAD Warangal A.P (LEGAL PRACTIONER )     07 April 2012

Abusing wife with such word once or twice in anger  is not  amount to cruealty in 498A IPC but it counts in Domestic violence. Any how DV Act is not meant for punishment only, it is a pavement for counselling and amicable settlement.  The penal actions in DV taken on violating of orders of the court. Of course The acts meant for protection of women rights and dignity are being misusing. 

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     07 April 2012

ASKING A VERY FUNNY Q.  yes it is of course and confessed too !

rajiv_lodha (zz)     07 April 2012

@ raghav!

How come ur confession in DV case about this matter trouble u in 498a?!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register