Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satya Narayana Palukuru (Advocates & Mediators.)     26 June 2010

is any way out for improvement of political system ?

Hello Friends

In the recent past i had read news in many parts of tribal areas and in rural ares there is no provision of safe drinking water and due to this every years there are death of  villagers and tribals due to malaria , virual fever and other water borne dieseases . Some districts are suffering for flouride contents and many generations are suffering silently .

Huge amount is spent on health and on infrastrucure but returns and results are very poor  and our brother indians still silently suffer .

Many of local politicians who gets elected on the same issue disappear year after year (This is a statement of a tribal woman in Adilabad district and is repeated in visaka patnam manyam areas)

Many projects compleated spending thousands of crores of public money but still the projects mini or mega

does not come for rescue of population .How far beaurocrats and politicians are responsible and accountable ?

is there no way out ?

is it time to introduce accountabilty for politicians during their teneure and  make bearucra

Learning

33 Replies

(Guest)

System is not made by the Politicians they have no such ability, qualification or mind.

System, rules, regulations, law, acts everything is drafted by highly educated Bureaucrats and they are making all dancing on their finger trips.

CAN ANYONE OR ANY LAW OR ANY COURT TAKE UP THE BUREAUCRATS

FOR THEIR ACCOUNTABILITY?

(Guest)

Overall administration in every corner is in the hands of Bureaucrats and their subordinates. 

Ministers, Chief Ministers, Governors, Prime Minister, President all them are surrounded by the Bureaucrats and nothing can go ahead to be implemented without drafted & controlled by the Bureaucrats.

The visioner of 21st century Late Mr. Rajeev Gandhi, when he was the supreme authoritythe Prime Minister of India with record majority with MPs, found that only 15% money reaches to ground work and 85% goes in the pockets of mediator public servants & agents (Agents? Politicians!!).

Bureaucrats handles the money and tie up with politicians at all levels from top to bottom.  

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     26 June 2010

Sir,

Now the son of Late Rajiv Gandhi says that only 5% reaches to the poor. This kind of advancement we have achieved so far.

Recently on last tuesday Hon Delhi High Court has made a strong remark that 90% govt. employees are corrupt and dishonest.

That “most of the govt. employees are dishonest. Govt. Depts are filled with corrupt employees. They siphon-off the money allocatted for poor.  For them jail is the right/proper place.”

As far as improvement of political system is concerned. Party system must be abolished and there must be direct election of PM and CM. And they will select ministers among the MPs and MLAs elected. Also all MPs and MLAs should be independent.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 June 2010

"CAN ANYONE OR ANY LAW OR ANY COURT TAKE UP THE BUREAUCRATS  

FOR THEIR ACCOUNTABILITY?"

-  IT IS THE JOB OF MINISTERS & PARLIAMENT / LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLIES.

(Guest)

I'm too of the opinion given by Mr. Ashutosh Jayaswal.

Arupji, I'm sorry, I do not understand what are you asking.. please let it be clear so that I may go properly.

(Guest)

Arupji, yes ok understood.

Ofcourse It is the job of MPs, MLAs, Assemblies, Parliament.  But as I said that they have no such ability to get over the Bureaucrats and hence the courts can do it if like to do jistice to PILs.

The BIG BUT, that there are also Bureaucracy SO IT IS VERY UNFORTUNATE FOR THE PEOPLE & NATION OF INDIA.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     26 June 2010

It is imperative for a government to be corrupt.

Baskaran Kanakasabai (entrepreneur)     27 June 2010

When the per capita  awareness and intelligence of the population of a society  exceeds that of the persons governing or managing the same society,the  much desired accountability, responsibility and justice will become the order of the day. Till then it will be a long struggle.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     27 June 2010

As per our late PM Indira Gandhi "Corruption is a global phenomenon".  Had she ever done  extensive survey on corruption at world level, before coming to this conclusion?

Late PM Rajiv Gandhi - 85% get siphoned-off.

Future PM Rahul gandhi - 95% gets siphoned -off.

But in so many Centrally Sponsered Schemes more than 100% gets vanished.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     27 June 2010

It is 110%. Ten per cent comes from the pocket of those for whom the money is meant. Percentage of corruption has already crossed 100.

(Guest)

Dear Mr. Baskaran, we falsely think that the people are not aware due to illiteracy.  Right here I am watching the LCI membership 74920.  These 74920 are literate to the level that they are using internet having computers & Laptos.  How many out of these 74920 literate peoples do participate in public interest issues?  I can count on fingers the names who are active here in constitutional law & general discussion sections.  Most of them are only using this site for their personal interest only and they are not at all bothered about what is going on with others.  I do not know as how to wake up them who are pretending sleep.  They thinks that why should I bother if it is the house of their neighvbour is underr fire?  They are only having concerns with themeselves.

So why not the ratio of corruption will go such high if everyone want their berth should be confirmed and gives money to the Train Conductor and when the conductor gives them a berth confirmed they feels themeselves as a winner over other who do not gives money as a bribe.  

1 Like

Baskaran Kanakasabai (entrepreneur)     27 June 2010

Dear Sir

That is precisely why I  have  said " awareness and intelligence" and not literacy. It is not enough if literacy alone is high. More than that citizens should have better sense of responsibility,justice and selflessness. I have come across lot of people  who are illiterates or who have little education but who have exhibited better sense of justice ,responsibility and selflessness.

Moreover there is no  worthy encouragement for people who exhibit such good social qualities. The government and society should nourish and support people who work for public causes. How many  such people have been made MLAs or MPs or members of the governing bodies of organizations. When law and society elevate such good people to responsible and powerful positions, and throw or penalise  bad, irresponsible and selfish or corrupt people from positions of power, real change will happen.

For this to happen, the majority of the population has to be on the right side.

For instance, the event of bribing the train conductor to get a berth. Such events happen because, the majority are irresponsible and are not interested in raising their voice against the conductor and the person who bribes to get aberth. If the majority are intelligent selfless and aware of the injustice involved, they can unite together and even stop the train and demand the arrest the conductor who accepts a bribe and the person who bribes him. If that kind of spirit is there in the society, people will be afraid of accepting or giving bribes and in course of time it will become good order of the day.

Government should make way for nourishing such a kind of spirit in the citizens. For instance, if govt announces a policy like the following :

1. Corrupt Train conductors(for example) who accept bribes to allocate berths, if caught on such acts will be arrested and dismissed  from their jobs( and will be disqualified for any govt job in their life-time)on the spot.

2.Citizens/passengers who would like to report such incidents can ring specific phone numbers(toll free).

3.If reported, the relevant team of officials incharge of handling of such reports will reach within 30 minutes or 1 hour to the reported station or train and take on the spot action.

4. Citizens who report such acts of corruption will be accorded credit points for every such reporting in public interest  and during recruitment of people for govt jobs and positions in the representation of people,  the people with such credit points will be ranked and the selection will be based on such ranking  achieved with credit points ( education etc. being other basic qualifications)This kind of carrot and stick policy in governance, i.e., rewarding the responsible ones and punishing the corrupt ones, when combined with effective legislation and timely implementation, in a society with people  full of awareness, intelligence and responsiblity will bring to effect excellant justice and the society we dream of will become a reality.

5.If such a policy is implemented two good changes will come to effect: a. The corrupt will be weeded out and b. Responsible  and honest citzens will come to power or position.

Honesty, respopnsibility, and justice will lead to the same in turn. So is the case with corruption, irresponsibility and injustice. The later is happening  now.

One can easily identify where all our current society and government are lacking.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 June 2010

"CAN ANYONE OR ANY LAW OR ANY COURT TAKE UP THE BUREAUCRATS  

FOR THEIR ACCOUNTABILITY?"

-  IT IS THE JOB OF MINISTERS & PARLIAMENT / LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLIES.

IT IS NOT A QUESTION, IT IS ANSWER OF THE ABOVE QUESTION, - ON QUOTATION.

(Guest)

that only i want to say arupji that if anything is taken proposed in parliameny it will finally be frafted by bureaucrats since mps are not able to do anything to draft without bureaucrats so never it can be done.  we should draft at our own and put up in parliament that we are trying but knowledgable people should come up fir this who understand the social cause. your workload is going to increase so please be ready.

arupji, if doctor will not treat you so will you not find some other wat?

if lawyer not give you legal help so will you not find some other way?

the answer is 'yes' and yourself is the example.

you are not an dvocate but you have well practice of law and not required an advocate.

i will like to give you the fees more than you ask for since you are dedicated & realiable. it is called 'RELIABILITY'.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register