Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandha (NIL)     18 October 2011

Is alimony to be paid even when wife remarries?

Dear Ld. Lawyers,

I have the following queries:

1) the court orders the husband to pay alimony every month for his wife and child. The wife remarries after 1 years of the order. Is he still required to pay alimony?

2) In case the husband is having a self acquired property and just before the divorce matter referred to the court, he transfers the property to his parents name. Will the court still order  the property (which is now in his parents name) to be shared with his wife as part of alimony?

REgards,

Nandha

Learning

11 Replies

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     18 October 2011

NO, IN BOTH THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Nandha (NIL)     18 October 2011

@shailendra, Thanks!

(Guest)

NY Supreme Court ordered me to pay alimony to my Indian husband on grounds that he belonged to a poverty ridden country like India. Well, recently I moved to India and used 498A. The court was mighty pleased to pack him off to jail where he's being very well fed by the Indian Government. What's not possible elsewhere in the world is justice in India. I'm mighty pleased with Pro women courts of India. US courts treat women like trash. Incidently I didn't marry but had to pay alimony to a greedy man in US and India helped me to get him into jail.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     19 October 2011

Dear tanya

now you can understand our Laws

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     19 October 2011

Dear nandha'

the wife is not entitled to get alimony after remarried read section 127 Crpc

**Victim** (job)     19 October 2011

Originally posted by :Tanya11111
"
NY Supreme Court ordered me to pay alimony to my Indian husband on grounds that he belonged to a poverty ridden country like India. Well, recently I moved to India and used 498A. The court was mighty pleased to pack him off to jail where he's being very well fed by the Indian Government. What's not possible elsewhere in the world is justice in India. I'm mighty pleased with Pro women courts of India. US courts treat women like trash. Incidently I didn't marry but had to pay alimony to a greedy man in US and India helped me to get him into jail.
"

@ Tanya ----> "US courts treat women like trash" this is the only difference between indian laws and U.S. laws i assume that since u didn't get what you wanted in U.S. that's why you felt that U.S. courts treats you as trash. As far as i know U.S. don't have gender biased laws and decision is made on the base of type of case.  "Well, recently I moved to India and used 498A."   So you used 498 A the word "USED" means that you really "MISUSED" it keep going girl you will get fair results in india but not in U.S.

(Guest)

Wife not eligible for any maintenance after remarried.

But you have a strong proof, To proove yourself right ?

Regards,

Abhinatre Gupt.

Nandha (NIL)     20 October 2011

Dear All,

I have another query:

If there is one-time settlement (like transfering property to wife's name) at the time of divorce and if the wife remarries, can the husband claim back the property?

Regards

nandha

Nandha (NIL)     20 October 2011

NandhaI am Online

NIL [edit] 
[edit photo] 

[ Scorecard : 62]

Dear All,

I have another query:

If there is one-time settlement (like transfering property to wife's name) at the time of divorce and if the wife remarries, can the husband claim back the property?

Regards

nandha

Ramesh (Business development manager)     05 November 2011

Dear Madam

Women's inherent quality will not change depending on life style and place. The stupid Indian laws are biased and people and judiciary are misusing it.

Thanks to the federal system of india and vengent female like you

Ramesh

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     19 November 2011

Nandha, , WHY SECOND HUSBAND SHD MAINTAIN  STEP CHILD? 

FIRST HUSBAND HAD TO CONTINUE PAY MTN FOR HIS SON  TILL HIS AGE18 OR MARRIAGE OF D [NOT TO HIS DIVORCED & REMARRIED WIFE]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register