IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veeru   22 March 2016

Ipc420 - cheating case

Hi Everyone,

I need help, I filed case against builder,  2012 i paid 5lacs amount to book a flat, later i came to know the flat is under another developer as per the GPA. I waited for builder to register the flat around 2-2.6 years i waited and i filed cheating case against to him. Now case came to witness recording. from my side no one is coming forward to give witness. so what is the other options. People are thinking why to involve in court cases and all mess,. and they are scared of builder, so no one is coming forward to witness.

Please let me know any other alternate options for winning case.

Thanks in advance.



 2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     22 March 2016

In such cases documentry evidence is enough to prove the case. Collect as much as possible. The documents which are not with you and  are with another's possession you can request to court to call these documents. If any information is in govt department you can collect it through asking certfied copies under RTI.

Veeru   23 March 2016

Thank you Arvind Sir.

I have submitted all the documents like - Receipts given  by builder, Sale agreement, bank transaction screen shots for NFET transfers and sanction letter from the India bulls bank.

Can you please advise any other documents will help me without witness.

Thanks in advance


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query