Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Please specify your problem rather than mere quotting of Section.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     06 February 2020

post material facts for better appreciation of case

Adula Lalitha Kiran   06 February 2020

Thank you for ur replys sir,am a law student...am studying law at PMR law college...n I want know the information about IPC section 489B..which talks about cruelty of wife against husband.... I didn't get the information regarding this section ...so I just post my query...thank you in advance sir...

Joy Bose   06 February 2020

Hello,

The first section you mentioned was 498B, but there is no such existing section in the Indian Penal Code. Now, you mentioned 489B which is using as genuine, forged or counterfeit currency notes or bank-notes. 

Please elaborate on your question and let us know.

Regards,

Joy Bose

Zeta Teresa Pereira   06 February 2020

Section 489B of the Indian Penal Code states that whoever traffics or forges and use a fake currency as a genuine one, shall be punished with imprisonment for life or imprisonment up to 10 years and shall also be liable to fine. 

In Sanskriti Jayantilal Salia v. State of Maharashtra, it was held that in the absence of mens rea, mere use of any forged or counterfeit currency notes cannot attract the provisions of Section 489B.

Hope this is clear.

Adula Lalitha Kiran   06 February 2020

Thank you all for the replys...but I want to know about 498B Of IPC....cruelty of wife against husband....is there any previous cases based on this section

Mastan   07 February 2020

Section 498A(b) in The Indian Penal Code (b) harassment of the woman where such harassment is with a view to coercing her or any person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.]

Srikanth Kankipati   09 August 2023

Dear Sir,

My Self Srikanth from Hyderabad,

my query is what is the use of section 498B this section descent in the police department am facing this issue 

because my wife harassing me and my son. my age is 5year 10 months.

he put the cases in different states every month going to court and the police department torched him mentally. a child suffering from ADHD I want my child's future 

what we will do can you suggest

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register